Saturday, October 11, 2008

Singapore trip

Singapore 5th-7th October trip.

It was really a wonderful trip. Again, a new experience for me, despite the last minute preparations for passport, hotel bookings and transportation tickets. Despite the rush, the sadness and the last minute emails that I've received. Thank you very much. Dr. Shen!! If not for you, I would still be here and wondering what the world is that interview for.

The interview was a quick one, lasted me about 10 minutes at most. I remember going in at 9.00 am. But I realised how warm they were. I'm glad about that. After that, I had to rush for application fees payment with the campus's bus, and went to say hallo to my project supervisor. Then I continued with my online application while the huge, clear windows were already presenting clouds that were turning gray. I was like.."please don;t rain until I reach the hotel Puhleesss..." but sigh, it rained in the end. I left my umbrella in my luggage. Yes, I know it will not rain in the hotel, but I took it as a spare item. I've never expected that my last day trip in S'pore would be raining- with all the hot tropical weather. # Lesson 1: Never expect the unexpected will not happen. # Lesson 2: Don't be over confident!

Luckily, I managed to grab some A4-sized brochures from the interview venue and used it as a shade. *Shhhh!!*

After everything had settled in the campus, I walked back to the hotel to meet my aunt. The worst part was that I could not contact her with my cellphone. Whenever I dial her number, the answer would be 'ninety-five". Seven calls- and ALL with the same, short reply. And that was it. I do not know why. Had a hard feeling that probably my credit had finished in 3 days' time. I tried messaging her. Luckily, it worked!!

On the other hand, the weather changed pretty fast somehow. One moment, it was drizzling and after a few bus stops in the campus bus, it started to pour heavily. Somehow, I nearly got lost while looking for the SBS bus terminal. However, I did manage to ask a few friendly and helpful NUS students to confirm the exact stop that I should take and how to get there. Thank you!!

In fact, I'm thankful because it did not rain the day and the day before. Otherwise, I would be seriously disappointed.

Thanks to my cousins who drove to Clementi to meet us up, we had a safe and happy journey to Johor Bahru. It was hassle-free and convenient because the Customs checks were fast. Everything was done in the car=)

The moment my phone line showed Maxis line, I checked my prepaid balance. RM 0.09 left. No wonder I could not call at all. And this gave me another lesson; # Lesson 4: Top up at least RM 60 before going to a foreign country, and especially if you are using a prepaid line.

JB had many nice restaurants, but I could not take anymore pictures because my phone's memory had already exploded with pictures in S'pore. One particular nice bakery where we had hi-tea was Lavender bakery; they sell charcoal-made bread which is really black in colour (yes!!) and tasted quite nice somehow. The charcoal added would help in detoxification- according to the article posted there. Unique isn't it?

I've been trying to upload pictures but I think I have to resize those again. I'll post more pictures of my trip later=)

No comments: