Monday, June 2, 2014

Happppy eat dumpling day!!!



Picture explains all...
Landlady warmed and removed leaves for me to prevent oiliness on my hands... See, that's why I always get touched :(
Food and heart bribery from her...:/

If you notice the second picture of dumplings (Zhang) carefully, there are three types here: Kee zhang, bak Zhang (pork dumpling) and nyonya Zhang. Kee is the yellow type and plain one, and is auntie landlady's favorite.. She bought for me once and I had to swallow it fast fast coz I don't like it.. 
Nyonya is the sweet type and also not my favorite lol..

And also learned tht different types of leaves are used for these.. Only pandan leaves are for Kee Zhang.. The rest are imported leaves from china, according to auntie landlady..

For the history on why we eat rice dumplings, pls read up yourself... 

P/s: I'm late for work!!

No comments: