Thursday, June 19, 2014

ROS reactive oxygen species; stress and aging

Hallo!

I wasn't planning to tell much on ROS, aging and stress here...but just to share a story on our most recent moment conversation in the lab..

Situation:
Student A has been sleeping very late lately due to paper submission, answering reviewers, writing thesis, preparing presentation and most importantly, to present well in front of panel of potential examiners/future boss..
Student A is having indigestion, sleepless nights, high stress level, and partial failure in anger management

Me: You looked really pale. Go and eat some multivitamins. Do you want my multivitamin? I have it on my table. Your ROS level is definitely very high now...need antioxidants ah....

Student A: Oh no!! *Eyes widening and face near to mine* Do you see any additional wrinkles????

Me: =.=""""""



Okay, to those who don't really get this nerdy joke, my =.=""""" face is due to: ROS level can lead to aging, but not as soon as 2 weeks' sleeps...I think it's more than that. Probably fine lines in 2 weeks, maybe?

Second point, Student A was @@" with me too...talk about ROS linkage to sleepless nights....--->sigh

How can we end up being so 'nerdily' scientific ah??
=.=""


Talk about being labrats huh?



No comments: