Friday, November 7, 2008

Inspiration

I can't believe that this is already another week!
Frankly, I've been anticipating it because I have no laptop with me for my field trip this week.

So bored!! Couldn't access anything after work. All I could do was to watch TV and some movies and read up some journals.

Yesterday I went out with a chemist and his wife. Well, my boss sends samples for testing to his laboratory and both of them treated me for my dinner at New Park World. Thank you Mr and Mrs Teoh!

Nice char koay teow and ice kacang..hehe..with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

But err, I did not capture any pictures. Tell me, how do you want to capture pictures in front of a big boss and his wife?;)

I was pretty pleased to be able to meet them up. It was purely on coincidence. I was supposed to send them samples for water and soil testings so they came to the hotel to pick it up. And, out of their kindness and friendliness, I was treated! Hehe..
But the main story was not on the treats-lah. Coz small matters only. The big news is that they gave me some good tips for my next Singapore stay. Where to stay, where to eat, where can my parents stay and so on.. :D

Their daughters have excellent academics and sports records. I was truly amazed listening to their eldest daughter's story, who went to Singapore (NUS also) for Asean scholarship, offered scholarships and even Harvard university offered her without any application! Then, she got various gold medals in sports and research. Another one is a lawyer. WOW..they had truly inspired me:P

Feel proud for them (though I do not have any linkages to them at all! LOL)

And I was really inspired:)

Thank you!!

4 comments:

Starzzzy said...

You are amazing too, glad that your day has come

SN said...

thanks Reas:) hope yours is a great one too!

Jerome said...

only daughters.. no son ka..

then u no chance la

SN said...

u wan to know d daughters ar? next time i intro after befriended them.. hehe