Friday, January 8, 2010

Bukit Tabur- lessons for climbing hills

In fact, I went to Bukit Tabur with the intention to meet and talk with long-time buddies and never expected it to be that hard to be climbed.

I thought it was just some normal hills with paved roads, because I used to climb another easy hill somewhere there many many yearsss ago.

I never expected them to be that adventurous. *Salute!*

Frankly speaking, I was definitely unprepared for this climb..Why? Because of these:-

1) I didn't eat heavily for the breakfast (#should have a heavy meal that gives sufficient energy!)
# Also, bring energy bar or fruits such as banana or apples so that you can eat it halfway while enjoying the view

2) I didn't even bring any bags with plasters or first aid stuffs
# in case accidents or injuries, and bagpacks because climbing hills need both hands and feet (dumb me! Luckily my bottle was stuffed into Sha's bag)

3) I didn't wear the most appropriate attire for climbing a rocky mountain (# should wear the most stretchable clothes ever and long pants, if you are afraid to have cuts on your legs).
and
4) ****most most importantly, I didn't make any homework on this at all..

Plus, this is the first (yep, first!!) harder hill that I've ever climbed! All these while the hills that I went through were just slopes with grass or paved roads (paiseh!) or high levels of stairs..not rocky hills..
Sigh..

The only thing that I brought was a liter of water. =.="

So, after returning to home for a good rest with muscles aching for both my triceps and biceps, cuts on both of my legs, some cuts on my hands and also some other mishaps, I searched for the mountain's information online. The accidents that had taken place sure had shocked me. For a rocky hill like this, the accidents that had taken place were quite severe! The most recent accident is stated here.

But I couldn't fail to admit how beautiful the scenery was, though my mood was already bad halfway through the climb because I couldn't wait for the going down the hill part.

I thought there were about 7-8 peaks only but it was more than that!

I felt so so cheated for coming to such a hill unprepared >.< Plus, when I asked them how the front pathways would be when we first climbed about 100m of rocky hills for our warm ups, they simplified it to be as easy as ABC! *Sweat* Their reason was : I didn't want you to chicken out if you know how hard to climb this hill Sigh.. Then, moments later (within first 5 minutes), I finally realised why the other friend failed to turn up.

The whole climb took us 3 and 1/2 hours..

Anyway, this are some of the pictures that I had captured there.. More nicer ones can be seen here (not mine!)
At 7+ am..near to 8am
The water reservoir

Genting Highlands can be seen from this hill!
Small small peaks..the tenth one..and I thought there were only 7-8 peaks!!
In fact, I feel a bit embarassed for I kept on asking "How long somemore???"
Feel sorry for them but really, I wasn't prepared for this climb at all..with my unsuitable 3/4 (khakis) pants >.<
You know, I think I was bugging them like in the Shrek movie "Are we there yettttttt??"

Anyway, lessons learned : Do homework, don't be lazy!!

So long~

No comments: