Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Large sizes of Seafood!

Alright, this is a long time overdue post. I had this last year in June before I came back here, after my horrible exam.
Incredibly huge isn't it??
It's a freshwater prawn reared in Sabah. My brother got it from his colleagues and he brought back about 3 kgs I think (can't remember the exact one). Those were very sweeet and juicyyyy!! One of the largest prawn I've ever tasted! :P


Excitingly...
Last Saturday, I had another huge surprise :D :D

I managed to have this!! It's one of the largest crab pincher I've ever tasted in my entire life..hehe! I think my friend was like =.=" (speechless cause I was given the priority to taste it! Though I felt guilty because I wasn't the one who picked it..Anyway, since I was given the chance to eat it, I had it! :D

Reluctantly, my picture was captured along with this huge crab pincher :P I was too busy eating and didn't bring my camera that day.

It was super duper sweeeet and juicyy!! (haih very jakun but really, undeniable!)

Note the yellow small sauce next to my plate- it's sesame sauce. Because many steamboats over here in Singapore consists of pepper hot (Beijing style- lots of pepper and is spicy) and normal soup, therefore the sesame sauce can help to relieve the spicy pepper hot soup. It's different from KL where the steamboats consists of 'tom yam' (sour and hot) soup and a normal soup.

The sesame sauce is supposed to be added with various kinds of other ingredients such as sesame oil, coriander leaves, and any other ingredients that you wanna eat to relieve the spiciness. Trust me, it really helps! (highly recommended for those who can't take spicy soups). You'd be amazed on how the sesame sauce works in relieving the hot symptoms (runny nose, teary eyes, hot tongue). I remember my first time having Beijing steamboat here with those symptoms and also I couldn't stand the beef smell in the soup so I didn't take much of it. Now, I'm proud to say that (ahemm...), I'm used to it already :P

The enjoying dinner in Geylang lasted from 530pm to 8pm. Long hours~ This time's buffet really worth it- for me:P (since I always can't take much food)
In fact, I feel pretty bad for my friend because since I don't eat beef, all the meat were substituted with mutton. Also, I'm regretful to say that I didn't keep my promise.Will for sure, keep my promise for the next time!

So long~

No comments: