Saturday, March 27, 2010

Kranji Farm

Due to lotsa work and limited outdoor activity, we've finally decided to go out for a good photography session..In short, to get back to our beloved interests :D

LG suggested that we go to this Kranji Farm, where there are numerous industrialised farms here..In fact, I was quite surprised that Singapore has farms :P

The bus driver is an exceptional friendly uncle. He was introducing the farms to a US tourist (and perhaps to us also).
However, the shuttle bus service is only available at a long interval of 1 and 1/2 hours..which made us walked like !@#$%^& at such a hot weather.
We also learned another lesson: apply sunblock!!! Sigh..when I reached home,  I could clearly see the vast skin colour differences between the skin hidden underneath my watch with those exposed areas >.<

The farms over there were leased out by the Singapore government for 20 years and these farmers will get initial funds to set up the farms. These are the photos, do enjoy =)

Btw, to go to this farm, visit this site for its location and maps..make sure you guys do enough homework before going to these farms, as waiting for the next shuttle bus is a really a time-wasting and energy-draining experience~ Especially if it's a really really hot sunny day..
Also, there's a public bus that goes in there :SMRT bus no 925 from Kranji MRT.
What caught my attraction at this fish farm was mainly this huge friendly macaw! :D It reminds me of my past visit to Singapore's Bird Park which I had the ultimate chance to pat and scratch the macaws at the talking-birds session. In fact, some of the macaws in the bird park were initially unfriendly and some were jealous when they see you scratching others but not themselves. 

I was told by one of the zookeepers to ask the macaws "Can I touch you?". If the macaw leans forward with its head bowed, that means that you can scratch their heads. If this sign was not given, you should not put your hand/finger into the cage because those macaws can bite. (However, any injuries resulted from my statement here is at your own risks and discretion yeah..Don't blame me or sue me later if you got bitten :P)  

Aiii...I missed those moments greatly! I even told myself that I want to go volunteer there if I have those opportunities.. :P

The 'Hello-greeting' Macaw at Max Koi. Sooo soo cutee!!

Unidentified satellite mushroom by the roadside during our place-hunting spree
At Nyee Phoe Farm..:
Water droplets of a spider lily stem
At Hay Dairies with cuteeee goats and kids~

 
 

Rained heavily after that..got drenched =.="
But a good experience~

So long~

No comments: