Thursday, January 22, 2009

Piano recital

The piano recital in the YST (Yong Siew Toh) Conservatory was amazing!
And the faculty in it was..so nice!! The moment we walked into this conservatory, we knew that we did not come into the wrong place. It was nicely built, tall, and with an air of class. Yaloh, conservatory right..can't be that 'cincai'..

Well, again I would like to stress that it was a lucky thing that we went. Unfortunately, due to unavoidable reasons, I was late by 5 minutes and we could not enter the hall while the first performer was beautifully playing Clementi's Sonata in F-sharp minor, Op. 26. It was really nice though we were listening and 'peeping' from the small glass from the door=)

The moment the young lady finishes (whom she learned piano when she was 4- yes 4 years old! And perhaps, I was just running around with my brother back then..sigh!) applause filled the entire hall. Then, we quickly went in to have a good seat. Hehe.. kiasu a bit.. since my companion was pestering to sit near the performer to watch the dancing piano keys. It wasn't really packed and there were empty seats, but whenever a performer had stepped out and while waiting for the second performer to come in- the hall was so quiet that we can even hear our own breath. So so quiet..

Okay, back to the story. Soon, the recital event was followed by another young lady who played the masterpiece by Prokoviev; Sonata No.2 in D minor. Again, we all cheered when she finishes and then, the event was continued by an European guy who played- Beethoven's Sonata no.32 in C minor, Op. 111. Wooow.. that was really amazing. The keys were so fast and the tune was really beautiful. Though I frankly admit that I'm not a musician and wouldn't know much if the music went off the track, but, the pieces were played very nicely.

The last performer was another guy who played Chopin's Scherzo No. 2 in B-flat minor, Op. 31. Really nice! I couldn't help admiring these people:P
I will drop by again for violin recitals hehe.. soon. Hopefully it doesn't clash with my lab time;)

So long ~~ and I'm going back home tommorow!;)

No comments: