Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Winter solstice festival

I was initially planning to catch a last minute train or bus ride home to surprise my parents in due time to celebrate this dongzhi festival.. But my current flu problem had made me stay over here to rest :S

Since my fave dessert shop is also not very near to my current staying place, I had decided to skip my tradition of having rice balls this year.. Until my spontaneous cravings told me that I should walk to a nearby mall to buy and cook myself..

So ta daaaaaaa~~~|


Can't buy 1/2 peanut and 1/2 black sesame (what I do if I buy cooked one from my fave dessert shop) so have to buy entire packet with black sesame only..

And only to realise that:


A packet of grounded peanut was also inside to eat along with the rice ball + soups! Good Hor!:p

Oh, I didn't take the grounded peanut because it was so late and I hate cleaning up more later (the powder may fly in my room) so I decided to finish the rice balls and went to sleep.

Mission accomplished!!:D

Btw, winter Soltice is an astronomical day with the longest night of the year and has the shortest day period.. Why we have tang yuans? It is to signify the coming new year, an event for family get-togetherness and that, having these means there's an increase of one year old in age.

Chinese New Year is coming soon le!

So long~

No comments: