Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Changi LCCT Tiger Airways

Journey back home..
First, to Changi Airport, I have to get to Terminal 2 from Green line MRT Changi Airport station. From there, I went to the Basement level and there's a free shuttle bus service to LCCT.
There should not be any mistakes on that because the bus clearly states that it's heading to LCCT. It took approximately 20 minutes to reach the LCCT.

Then, I headed to check-in. The counter is opened 2 hours prior to flight and closes 45 mins prior to departure.

Now I know why it's called LCCT. Even the boarding pass is different..

The airport is different too..(looks better after going through the customs)

And before we board the plane..this is how they make us line up

I was lucky to get the window seat without asking! My first domestic flight back during my fieldtrip also I was given the window seat :D The excitement was there..

When seated in the plane..

And when on air..
Niceee!!

Really nice :) The services were good. And most importantly, the touchdown was very smooth! No 'bang' landings (ie the ones I had experienced with MAS for few times and got one was very bad that one of the kids cried). In fact, I love the heading-off part but I don't really anticipate the touchdown part. Sometimes it's just too harsh.

Even the auntie behind me was telling her companion " I think ah..this pilot is an ang-moh la, not local la. Sure impossible locals can do this good".

Wah, so discriminating and biased.

Oh yeah..
Because I'm a very law-abiding citizen (ahem..) especially in a foreign land and I am supposed to bring back a souvenir for my brother which costs slightly more than my Tiger Airways plane ticket to KL (SGD 35), I went through many articles to know if I can put it in my hand-carry luggage. So diligently enough, I read this.
Have to get a transparent 1 L resealable bag (like Ziploc bags) to fill in the not-more-than 100 ml liquid items. The Ziploc bag looks like the one in the second picture.

Back in domestic flights that I've taken before in KLIA, they provide free plastic bags but not here in Changi airport. Environmental friendly, I supposed.

However, during baggage security checks, they didn't really check on this. I wonder why.
Somehow my efforts seemed wasted because they didn't bother checking on it.

Reached LCCT KL sharp as expected.
Okay, now I know that LCCTs are those without shades.
Hmm..

The moment we went into the terminal, we have to go through baggage-check and then walk out. There were few counters selling bus tickets for Rm8, Rm9 and RM10 for bus to KL Sentral.
I chose the one with the longer line. The tickets were selling like hot cakes!

They told me "bus kat luar sahaja"
From my experiences, when people say it's near, it's not near actually. Not at all..

So, I had to poke a policeman to ask where's the bus terminal because..err.. because it was too noisy and he can't hear me.
And that made me walked another 10 minutes to the bus terminal which was located at far end there..

Hmmmm..

I took Aerobus and it costs Rm8.
The seats were full within 15 minutes. Journey from LCCT to Kl Sentral was about 1 hour.
Comfortable:) Recommended..

1 comment:

玉=Jade said...

Hehe, all budget airlines just use a slip for the tickets - cost cutting oh.

On ziplock bag, sure they will not give foc lo = extra costs again. Hehe~ I didn't know that KLIA provides them foc, nice oh.