Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The PILOT story

We went stationery shopping in the school co-op yesterday..
Ya in-house shopping since few of us were too free with nothing else to do..

My senior was looking for a marker pen and she found the Pilot brand one, asking me if it was nice to be used.

Eyes widened, I was like "Eh got PILOT brands here!"
Frankly speaking, I've never stepped into the co-op for more than 3 times throughout this year.

Then, I saw this!!! The PILOT H-325 mechanical pencil I've been searching for such a loooong looong time for years! I just can't believe that I've found it finally!!!

The upper bluish-purple Pilot!

Without hesitating, my grin widened until those with me were surprised! But of course, they wouldn't be as surprised and happy as me!! =D

Okay the shorter story version goes like this:
This beautiful mechanical pencil had been with me since I was 14 years old. It had been accompanying me throughout my secondary school life, high-school life but sadly, only during my first year undergraduate. It was with me for almost all the huge examinations that lead me to the undergraduate life. This PILOT has been with me through all my ups and downs, all the sweet and bitter memories (mostly sweeeet hehe!) as I never failed to use it daily since then. I remember writing lots of 'first-time' things with this pencil. Sweet ones, okay??

Also, although there are many many out there that complained how not comfy of this pencil is while using it, one particular person did enjoyed using it=) because that person owns a silver Parker version which I drooled over when I first saw it. But I'm remaining faithful to my PILOT! Alright, I'm just daydreaming here.. but just let me be!

Unfortunately, it got lost to some !@#$%^& who borrowed it without returning when I was in Biochemistry lab back in my first year undergraduate. I had been searching for weeks and finally, I've decided to find the replacement in bookstores outside. I remember peeping into people's pencil cases or whoever's hands whenever pencil-writing is required but fruitless.

As you see, after soo soo many years (about 6-7 years since 14 years old), it is not possible to find the exact one anymore, because this version is pretty heavy and I doubt many would use it. Many has been complaining to me how heavy it is although it's beautiful.

After so many searches, I only manage to find a brandless and much cheaper version- which was the black Pentel one (in the picture). And since then, the black imitation of the PILOT H-325 has been with me. But I never fail to find it in bookstores whenever I go out, and Popular has it too, but not with the same colour and features as they were of newer versions..

Somehow, I found it here!!!

I am just so glad of finding it again!! Just searched through the net and it's called a drafting mechanical pencil. A really special mechanical pencil in fact.

I could never find the same replacement anymore (as we always know- life has to go on) but I'm still really thankful and happy for getting this =D I'll definitely keep it with me closely for years to come!

And I got it as a gift again!! :D Thank you!!! *hugs*

So long~

No comments: